Make your wedding cake the stunning focal point of your entire decorative theme
Express your creativity with your unique wedding cake design, colour co-ordinate it with the bridal sari or the mandap, even use a printed motif from off the invitation. Simply take a sample of the design you wish to use to the cake decorator and work out with them the best way to include it in the overall design of the cake. When you cut the cake to signal the beginning of festivities make a personal statement about you and your partner.
- What sort of cake you would prefer? (Classic rich fruit cake or chocolate cake)
- What style, shape and colour you planning to have?
- Compare prices and quality of the end result before deciding on a cake.
- Always do advance booking.
- If possible make arrangements for the cake to be delivered to the venue and set up for you (candles, ribboned knife and lighter).
- The cutting of the cake takes place after the speeches, the bride and groom hold hands as they slice through the cake and they share the first slice to ensure a ‘fruitful’ marriage.
- The cake can be eaten in place of dessert or served after dessert with tea and coffee to take home.
- Are you intending to put any away for your anniversary?
- Get all confirmed in writing with both parties signature.
- Ask to have information sent to you by e-mail if you have one.